Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thanks Food Babe!

I often wonder why the American public was so easily conned with convenient foods.  I mean, I understand convenient foods, but whose idea was it to make convenient food dangerous?  And the people who signed off on it... what were they thinking?

A Foodbabe.com reader found a frighteningly interesting label on some Kraft Mac-n-Cheese that was sold in England.  The NY Times also ran an article on this, including a comparison of the Kraft product sold in the U.S. versus the one made for the UK.  If you haven't heard of this before, it's worth checking out to just see the difference in ingredients.  You can also see her taste test of the two versions.  You can sign the petition while you are there too.

It all comes down to what we, as Americans will accept (or ignore).  Sadly.

I grew up overseas.  I spent two years in Brazil, and ten years in Holland.  My parents still live in Holland.  I remember moving to Europe at the age of 10, and missing mac-n-cheese, and some other delicious snack and convenient foods.  I remember that we couldn't find hot dogs anywhere.  I remember the advent of microwave meals, and how on one of our summer visits to the States everyone was talking about them.  But most of all I remember growing up on real food.

Whereever you are at on your food journey, check out the arictles on Foodbabe.com, she's a great source of information, and the article is worth a few minutes of your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment